11 October 2011

Not-so-terrible Tuesday

Normally, Tuesday is my least favorite day of the week.  Today, however, was not half-bad!  The morning started out rough, because my kids were being pains.  During literacy this morning, we were trying to think of words that rhyme with train.  We had a little girl raise her hand a say something along the lines of "I know this has nothing to do with what we're doing but I have to ask.  Do you think snails know that they are snails?"  ....  uhhhhh....?  They recovered nicely for the afternoon (and I had planning for half of the afternoon).  I had to observe my head teacher teaching the children music because I'm teaching it next week.  Yes, you read that right.  I will be teaching tiny British people about music and instruments.  It won't be pretty, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

During my PPA (I forgot what it stands for, but it means planning time), I got a lot done, and then stayed after school until almost 530 doing more planning.  Exhausting, but I'm starting to feel like I'm a little bit caught up with everything!  I have my lessons for tomorrow planned, and I've even started my lessons for Thursday (yes this does count as being caught up).

Fun fact of the day:  Peppercorns used to be expensive, apparently, so people used to use them as currency.  Because of this, there's a hangover from old British law that says you can collect and pay rent in peppercorns.  My school rents a piece of land right behind it as a nature area, and the man who owns it has them pay their "rent" in peppercorns!  How cute is that!  He came by today and had my head teacher pay the rent... a handful of peppercorns! I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment