01 October 2011

Friday

I'm much less frustrated after teaching most of the morning yesterday.  My head came in to observe me teaching phonics, which was really intimidating (especially since I hadn't taught all week).  It went fine though.  Then I taught numeracy, and that went really well.  It was just a much better day all around!

Last night, I took the bus to Kingston to meet the girls and some teachers from their school for dinner/drinks.  We ate at a place called Nando's, which I would never go back to.  They sit you at the table and then you have to go back downstairs and wait in a long line to order your food at the counter.  Really inefficient.  And the food was not phenomenal.  And they didn't have any napkins (it's a wings place.. really?).  After Nando's, we went to a little pub (no idea what it was called).  Then, we went to a night club.  Really intense security at this night club.  We got our ID's checked, paid £5, then had to go through a metal detector and the guys had to get frisked.  Luckily the bouncer didn't find my shank.. but he did take my water bottle............ I told him he could smell it.. it really was water.  He wasn't interested in that.  4 hours later, we left the night club and called it a night.  There were definitely some interesting characters there.. and some people who couldn't be more than 17.  Seriously. I don't know what the age to get in was but if I had to guess, I'd say 16.

Today, we're going to Brighton for the day with Paul and Kari (Year 6 teacher at the girl's school).  It's supposed to be hot again (it was 80 yesterday!) and we didn't pack any hot weather clothes, so it will be an interesting day.  I think we're going to go out in Reigate tonight, a town not too far from here.  I'm not sure how long I'll last though, because I'm getting sick again.  Apparently 1 healthy day a month is all I get!  Annoying.

Poppa Keys turned 51 yesterday.  He's so old now.  If everyone wants to start calling him "Gramps" I'm sure he would be fine with it......  Love you Pops! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment