09 October 2011

Weekend

Phantom of the Opera was AMAZING.  We couldn't take pictures, but it was absolutely beautiful and the people were so good.  We sat as far away as you possibly could (the tickets were expensive!) but we could still see everything, so it worked out.  Here is the only picture I could get of the stage beforehand.


Before the Phantom of the Opera, we walked through Trafalgar Square and into a big protest!  Kind of scary, because they were protesting the war in Afghanistan and some prisoner that we have at Guantanamo.. so not the most America-friendly place.  Really cool to see though!  Here are some pictures:




Crazy!  Not that I necessarily agree with what they were protesting, but it was definitely a cool thing to experience.  

After we left London, we went to Sutton to meet up with some teachers the other girls work with.  We had curry for dinner (for the first time).  I'm not sure I love curry, but at least I can say I've tried it!  Then we played some cards and then came home.  It was an exhausting, but good weekend!

1 comment: